Residents are defined as students who have a housing contract and are assigned to a traditional, non-traditional/speciality, or Drury hotel residential space/room.
Guests are defined as people (Macalester affiliated or not) visiting a specific resident(s) who resides on campus by contract assignment (e.g. someone visiting a friend down the hall, visiting a friend in a different building, a friend who lives off campus visiting a friend in the hall, etc.).
Macalester students living on campus (residents) are permitted to have ONE guest per residential room, entire suite, entire apartment, or entire house. Guests are permitted only if all room/ suite/ house/ apartment mates are in agreement.
Guests are not permitted to stay overnight.
Residents are responsible for their guests' behavior. Guests must adhere to all college policies and procedures. All guests must follow the specific personal protective measures listed below.
- Guests experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, or fever are asked NOT to enter ANY campus facility including residential areas.
- Guests and residents must wear a mask or face covering at all times while inside public residential spaces.
- Guests and residents must practice physical distancing and remain at least 6 feet apart when inside public residential spaces.
- When guests are present inside an individual room/suite or apartment, both the guest and residents are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings and practice physical distancing.
- Guests are encouraged to use hand sanitizing stations available throughout the residence hall to sanitize their hands while in residential space.