77 Macalester Street, Room 201 651-696-6280
Have you received notice that one of your employees will be leaving Macalester? Supervisors are responsible for completing the following tasks prior to the employee’s last day at Macalester.
- Complete and submit the Employee Status Form, including resignation letter, to Employment Services as soon as you are made aware of the departure.
- Direct the employee to the Employment Services website to find our comprehensive Departing Employee Resources webpage.
- Visit the Recruiting Employees webpage to learn more about the process. Connect with the Talent Acquisition Manager about filling your vacant position.
Time Reporting Responsibilities
- Approve final time sheet or leave report. Contact the Payroll Department for non-exempt time sheet questions and Employment Services for exempt leave report questions.
- If your employee supervises staff, let Employment Services know who will be taking on those supervisory duties by sending an email to [email protected], outlining the change in oversight, even if it is temporary.
- If your employee supervises students, let Student Employment know who will be taking on those supervisory duties by sending an email to [email protected], outlining the change in oversight, even if it is temporary.
Collecting Macalester Property
- Collect all keys and return to Facilities Services, prior to the employee leaving on their last day.
- Ensure that the departing employee has returned all computer and technology equipment to ITS in accordance with the Technology Checklist: Exiting Employee & Supervisor
- Confirm that the departing employee has returned all books and borrowed materials to the library.
- Collect, cut in half and return the departing employee’s Pcard (if applicable) to the Pcard Administrator in Business Services.
- Collect and return any other college property to the appropriate department.