Congratulations on your recent new hire! Below are a few resources to assist you in onboarding your new employee. Please note for Faculty members, Department Chairs and Department Coordinators are expected to fulfill these tasks.
Hiring Manager Onboarding Checklist
In order to provide the best employee experience, please work through the below list of tasks after you have received your new employee’s Mac ID and email account information.
- Order Office Keys by accessing the Public Safety web page.
- Order Name Tag and Business Cards from Communications.
- Order Signage such as Desk Name Plate and Door Sign (if needed) by opening a work order through the Facilities ticketing system.
- Review the supervisor section of the Staff Technology Checklist or Faculty Technology Checklist and share the employee section with your new hire.
- Request Budget and Finance Access and Approval (if needed) by completing the Finance Access & Approval form.
- Order a Purchase Card (Pcard) by filling out the Pcard Application (secure eForm) from Pcard Services.
- Ensure work area is ready for your new employee.
- Plan your new hire’s first day and/or week, utilizing the Supervisor’s New Employee Worksheet and being mindful to schedule around the benefits meeting (if applicable).