Nice Healthcare is a new benefit offered to faculty, staff and their dependents on Macalester’s health insurance beginning in January 2020. Nice Healthcare offers chat, video and home primary care visits for only $10 per visit. Nice offers the most commonly accessed primary care labs, x-ray imaging, prescription delivery, and wellness, pregnancy and chronic condition coaching.
|Who is eligible to use Nice Healthcare?
- All faculty, staff and their dependents on Macalester’s health insurance beginning 1/1/2020.
|How do I access Nice Healthcare?
- Patients start with a chat or video by visiting https://www.nice.healthcare/schedule.
- Most visits can be completed through chat or video.
- If needed, a Nice Healthcare provider will travel to you for labs, X-rays, prescription delivery, or physical tests.
- Mobile apps are available in the App Store and Google Play
|When is Nice Healthcare available?
- Online visit hours are: Monday-Friday from 8:00am-7:00pm and Saturday-Sunday from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Home visit hours are: Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm
|How much does Nice Healthcare cost?
- Each visit is $10 and includes the visit along with covered labs, prescriptions/delivery and X-rays.
Why use Nice?
|Nice will save you time.
- You can schedule a visit at any time, from anywhere. All you have to do is to log into your account. You can choose the time that works best for you, and, if you have multiple sick members in your household, the visit will automatically be scheduled for more time, so everyone gets adequate time to be seen and evaluated.
- You don’t have to go anywhere to get care. All visits are either via video (through the Nice app), or a Nice professional will come to you (your home or workplace) for a physical exam.
- You can access your treatment plans right through the Nice app at any time. No need to call and wait on the phone to get through to talk to someone, just send them a message if you need something!
|Nice will save you money.
- Each visit is only $10. There are no extra costs for labs or x-rays, prescription delivery or their coaching programs.
|Nice’s health care professionals are actually Nice.
- Each board-certified medical provider is hand-picked, and they only choose people who are Nice. They want to build confidential and trustworthy relationships with their patients and are committed to providing outstanding medical care.
|Nice treats people of all ages.
- Nice medical providers offer holistic health and want to make sure everyone in the family is healthy and happy. This means that kids and parents can see the same provider. Any they love babies, so even very young children can be seen.
Nice Healthcare Brochure