Macalester College provides workers’ compensation insurance to all faculty and staff, through Travelers Companies, Inc. This insurance covers all reasonable medical expenses required to cure or relieve the effects of a work-related injury or illness. Workers’ compensation insurance also provides partial payment of an employee’s wages until the employee has reached Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI).
- A work-related injury or illness, no matter how slight, must be reported immediately to your supervisor, who will work with you to complete an Injury/Incident Report Form. The completed form must be delivered to and/or faxed to the Employment Services department at 651-696-6612 for processing in a timely manner. The College reserves the right to request satisfactory medical evidence to support the report of injury.
- A completed Report of Workability Form must be returned to both the supervisor and Employment Services by fax at 651-696-6612 following each visit to a treating clinician.
- About Workers’ Compensation
- Employee Handbook – Worker’s Compensation
- Employee Handbook – Work-related Injuries/Incidents
Related Benefit Forms
Travelers Companies, Inc.
Workers’ Compensation Claim Department
P.O. Box 2928
Overland Park, KS 66201-1328