Visiting Assistant Professor, English
Poetry; creative nonfiction; fiction; hybrid/mixed form writing; ecopoetics and ecocriticism; documentary filmmaking.
Old Main, 208
Benjamin Voigt grew up on a horse farm in upstate New York. He studied English and Environmental Studies at Macalester, and received an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Alabama, where he was a Graduate Council Fellow. He is currently at work on his first book, a collection of poems about humans, computers, and other animals.
Areas of study
- creative nonfiction
- hybrid/mixed form writing
- ecopoetics and ecocriticism
- documentary filmmaking
- ENGL 150-04/03 Introduction to Creative Writing (Fall)
- ENGL 294-02 Writing Resistance (Fall)
- ENGL 280-01 Crafts of Writing: Poetry (Spring)
- ENGL 294-02 Literature and the Environment: Between Eden and the Apocalypse (Spring)