Live It Fund empowers students filled with hope and drive to transform their ideas into action to change the world for good.
As a student entrepreneur, what does global citizenship mean to you? If you could design a project to live out that definition, what would it look like? The Entrepreneurship program and the Institute for Global Citizenship embrace the core values of Macalester: Academic Excellence, Multiculturalism, Internationalism, and Civic Engagement. How do we as entrepreneurs draw from these values to live out global citizenship?
The Live It Fund provides funding for entrepreneurial projects with awards ranging from $500-$2000 in J-Term, followed by an opportunity to apply for summer funding of up to $10,000.
The Live It Fund funds students (working solo or in teams of two or three) who identify an opportunity or problem and propose an innovative solution. We are looking for your creativity and innovation in solving emerging or prevailing problems. The Live It program has been a huge success, growing each year since its inception in 2010. Macalester students continue to inspire us with their passion, creativity, and incredible embodiment of global citizenship.
2019 Fall Application Timeline for J-Term
|Sept 3||Application opens|
|Sept 26 @ 11:30am||Info Session||Library 250|
|Oct 28 @ 8am||Application closes|
|Oct 31, Nov 1, Nov 7||Interviews|
- Projects must take place during the 2019/2020 winter break with all work being completed before the start of the Spring 2020 semester.
- Students enrolled full-time in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 may apply.
- Students may apply solo or in teams of 2 people.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Projects can be completed locally, nationally or internationally (where travel is in compliance with Macalester’s U.S. State Department travel policy.)