Macalester College uses a card access system to control access to many campus facilities. Community members gain access to and within buildings by presenting their Macalester ID to a card reader. Most buildings are locked from 10:00 PM to 7:30 AM on weekdays and all day on weekends. Schedules may vary depending upon the use of the building and time of year.
Card Access Forms & Related Sites
- Request Card Access (gform)
- Email at email@example.com or call 651-696-6218 to report a problem with Card Access
- GET Funds (Mac Money) login
- Mac ID Replacement Information
Report A Lost or Stolen Access Card
You can deactivate your Mac Pass by going through your GET funds account online or using the GET Mobile app. Deactivating a lost card will prevent unauthorized charges against your account and misuse of your campus access. If you find your card, it can be activated again using the same app, otherwise you can go to card services and get a replacement card (replacement card fee $20.00). For additional information, visit the Card Services page.
Non-residence hall keys are issued at the Facilities Services Office and can be requested using the forms provided below. Student residence hall keys are issued by Residential Life.
Key Access Request Forms
- Key Order Request Form (PDF)
- Key Extension Request Form (PDF)
- Email form to Facilities Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may submit the form to Facilities Services office, by campus mail, or fax to 651-696-6135.
Report a problem with a lock or key
Lost & Late Key Charges
There is a charge for lost keys; you will be charged $30.00 per key. Cash or check payments are accepted for lost keys charges. Students may also have their student account charged. For keys returned late, a fee of $10.00 per key will be charged.