Regular parkers are required to obtain a parking permit and display a college issued decal in the rearmost drivers side window of their vehicle. All parking spaces are first come, first serve, unless otherwise signed or reserved. There is no charge for permits for students, staff, faculty, and visitors. Because of limited parking space, we encourage Alternative means of commuting
- All vehicles parked by Macalester College students, faculty, and staff in college parking lots must display a valid parking permit.
- Resident student registration is valid for one year, September to August. Non-resident student registration is valid for one semester at a time.
- First year students are not eligible to park on campus. Medical and work-related exceptions may be requested from the Associate Director of Public Safety.
- If you do not have a valid parking permit, you may receive a parking violation. All violation fees may be paid at the Facilities Services Office during business hours.
- Long term parking please use the Janet Wallace Fine Arts Lot.
Detailed Information about Parking
- Parking Permit/Vehicle Registration
Please come to the Facilities Services office located in Music Building 011 to obtain a parking permit.
- Parking and Traffic Regulations