Off-Campus Mental Health Providers

HWC is here to offer time limited or short-term counseling for our students. Those that require long-term, regular counseling it is recommended they establish care with an off-campus therapist. Our referral list of Off-Campus Mental Health Providers   can be used to help with this process, though you should always contact your insurance company first to see if they have a preferred provider in the area. We also offer appointments with our Care Coordinator to assist students in locating an off-campus mental health provider. To schedule an appointment, simply call 651-696-6275.

Eating Disorders

The Emily Program

2265 Como Avenue, Suite 100
St Paul, MN 55108
Google map for transit

Park Nicollet Melrose Institute
(associated with Methodist Hospital)

2550 University Avenue West, Suite 216S
St Paul, MN 55114
Google Map for transit 

Alcohol and Other Substance Use

HealthEast St. Joseph’s Hospital

45 West 10th Street 
St Paul, MN 55102
4.4 miles from campus
Google Map for transit

Fairview Substance Abuse Programs

University of Minnesota Medical Center
Riverside Campus
2450 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612-672-2736 Outpatient Services 8am – 4:30pm
612-672-6600 Inpatient Services / acute mental health, including detox; 24/7
4.9 miles from campus
Google Map for transit

Alcoholics Anonymous

St. Paul & Suburban Area Intergroup

Call the above number for current information on meeting times and places. You may inquire into which AA groups tend to trend younger. 

Sexual Violence

SOS Sexual Violence Services

555 Cedar St. 
St Paul, MN 55101