The health promotion program is led by a professional health education specialist. The vitality and energy of the program is enriched by a diverse team of students who work together – offering education and initiatives to enhance the health of their peers. As Macalester students, the student health promotion team offers unique perspectives on their community’s needs and interests.
Our main mission is to foster a campus environment in which students feel empowered to make healthy choices for themselves that contribute to their overall personal and academic success.
- Morgen Sedlacek is the 2017-2018 Health and Wellness Center Graduate Assistant. Morgen is in the first year of the Master of Public Health in Community Health Promotion at the University of Minnesota. A former advocate for victim/survivors of sexual violence and prevention educator on various college campuses, Morgen enjoys engaging students in conversations surrounding sexual health and wellness. When not working or in class she can be found walking her temperamental cat on a leash, biking to local breweries, and reading overdue library books.
- Miles Keys McKay ’18 is a History major from Santa Cruz, CA. His dream job – a Director of the Smithsonian Museum.
Soniya Coutinho ’19 is a Neuroscience major with a Chemistry minor from Plymouth, MN. On campus, she is also involved with Program Board and Colleges Against Cancer, and in her free time she loves exploring the Twin Cities.
- Isa Escalona ’18 is an International Studies major from Oak Park, IL. Her dream job – a documentary filmmaker. Besides being our Sexy Coordinator as her claim to fame, Isa was in a 4th grade Avril Lavigne tribute concert.
- Courtney Popp ’18 is a Biology major from Royalton, MN. Her dream job – a Neonatologist. A quirky, fun fact about Courtney is that she loves Rihanna and recommends that everyone should checkout her new makeup line, Fenty Beauty.
- Elizabete Romanovska ’19 is a Psychology and International Studies double major with Political Science minor who is from Riga, Latvia. Her dream job – Political Psychology professor or equine-assisted therapist. A fun fact about Elizabete is she loves the smell of fresh cold air.
- Hallie Kircher-Henning ’19 is a Political Science and Latin American Studies double major from Madison, WI. Her dream job – an attorney. A fun fact about Hallie is that she is obsessed with pickles.
- KP Blake-Leibowitz ’19 is a Sociology major with a minor in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. KP is from Madison, WI. Dream job – working with queer and trans youth to foster different types of learning through outdoor education! KP loves to cook and is always looking for new recipes to try.
- Jadie Minhas ’20 is an International Studies and Political Science double major from Philadelphia, PA. Her dream job – to work in the government one day. A quirky fact about Jadie is that her arms bend abnormally, they can go past their breaking point with no issue. Hyper-extension!
- Tulsi Patel ’20 is an Environmental Studies with Food, Agriculture, and Society Concentration from Los Angeles, CA. Tulsi’s long-term dream job is owning a farm in California and opening an experiential-based environmental school on the farm. Tulsi is the name of a holy Indian basil that is used in many homeopathic remedies… it was destiny that she work with health and wellness!
- George Kidess ’21 is our first-year student who is an undeclared major from Amman, Jordan. Dream job – physician. Notable facts about George is that he loves music, playing piano, and singing in choir.