General On-line Health Resources/Databases
- HealthFinder is a consumer health information site from the U.S. government. Databases, government agencies, and not-for-profit web links included.
- Mayo Clinic, this famous clinic’s site provides accessible health information and allows users to email questions to clinic physicians.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention contains general health information, data, and statistics from CDC research studies, publications, traveler’s health information and more.
- Your Disease Risk allows you to discover your risk for developing the 5 most common diseases and get personalized tips for preventing them.
- Alternative Medicine provides general information on diverse methodologies to maximize health.
Mental Health Links
- ULifeline is a one-stop shop of on-line resources for mental health information relevant to college student life.
- Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection is MentalHealthMasters.com’s collection of pamphlets written for college students with practical tips on a wide variety of mental health and wellness topics such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, sexual orientation, etc.
- MakeItOK.org is a great site to help you learn learn more about mental health, how to speak about mental health, and respond when someone is trying to speak to you about their own mental health.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), their mission is to improve the lives of children and adults with mental illnesses and their families.
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is general source for public mental health issues with information regarding medications, learning disabilities, depression, etc.
- Active Minds on Campus is a student-run mental health awareness, education, and advocacy organization designed for the college campus.
- SetToGo can be a useful resource that helps students and parents focus on emotional health before, during and after the college transition.
Sexual Health Links
- American Sexual Health Association is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals, families and communities with a focus on sexually transmitted disease prevention.
- Planned Parenthood contains tons of information about sexuality, birth control, and women’s health issues.
Alcohol Abuse Prevention Links
- Bacchus Network is a college student site the includes comprehensive initiatives for health and safety. Great for peer educators.
- Alcohol Justice is an alcohol industry watchdog and contains many solutions to community alcohol problems.
- Rethinking Drinking – NIAAA use this federal government’s site for tools and information about alcohol and health. Specifically designed for college students and young adults.
- Addiction Center is a source of information of all drugs and addictions.
Tobacco & Other Drugs Use Links
- My Last Dip is a web quit program for college age smokeless tobacco users who want to quit.
- Become an Ex (Smoker) is a free comprehensive quit plan with tools and information designed in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic and with input from former and current smokers.
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids formally known as Partnership for a Drug-Free America this site contains key substance abuse information, including the addiction process, how to help a friend, student or child.
- Be Tobacco Free A comprehensive site providing one-stop access to the best and most up-to-date tobacco related information from across US government agencies.
- Runner’s World What to Wear Tool use this tool for information on choosing a running shoe that works for your personal habits.
- American Heart Association is the premier source for all things related to heart health.
Women’s Health Resources
- 4 College Women is a gateway to reliable, comprehensible health information for college women. Developed by Brandeis University.
- Healthy Women is a leading independent health information source solely for women.
Men’s Health Resources
- Men’s Health Network is a national non-profit organization dedicated to reaching men with health prevention messages.
- Young Men’s Health is a source for young men featuring state-of-the-art health information.
- CDC LGBT Resources addresses broad issues related to LGBTQ health.
- GLBT Health Access Project was first funded by the Massachusetts Department of Health and has a range of resources on its site.
- MN Transgender Health Coalition has a variety of resources, including a shot clinic, support groups, and other information.
- Go Ask Alice! Use this great resource for college students that is written in a question and answer format. It includes information on sexuality, exercise, nutrition, emotional health, and many other topics.