What is the deadline to complete the First-Year Health & Wellness Requirements?
Friday August 24, 2018
What immunizations are required by the Laurie Hamre Center for Health and Wellness?
Enter your immunizations into the Macalester Patient Portal.
- Tdap (Tetanus) booster in the last 10 years
- 2 MMR’s (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) first one given after age 1
- Meningitis Quadrivalent–after the age of 16
- TB Screen form needs to be completed online in the Macalester Patient Portal
What vaccines are the recommended by the Laurie Hamre Center for Health and Wellness?
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningitis B
What other items are recommended I bring or arrange?
- Bring your family Health Insurance Card, if you have one.
- Bring basic medical supplies including a thermometer and any over-the-counter medications you may need.
- Bring copies of prescriptions or transfer to a local St. Paul pharmacy.
- Arrange to transition your care for chronic health conditions to a specialist in the Twin Cities area. The Hamre Center can assist you with identifying providers if needed.
Where is the Macalester Patient Portal and how do I log in?
- Go to Macalester Patient Portal.
- Enter your Macalester username.
- Enter your Macalester password—it’s the same password you use to log into 1600grand.
If I answered NO to all of the questions on the TB screening form, do I need to complete the TB assessment form?
No. Nothing else is needed if you answered to all of the questions on the TB screening form.
If I answered YES to any one of the questions on the TB screening form, do I need to complete the TB assessment form?
Yes, you must have the TB assessment form completed and signed by a medical provider. Your medical provider will determine if you need a TB test and, if needed, record the test results on the form. This form can be found in the Macalester Patient Portal under Forms and should be printed, completed by the medical provider, and uploaded to the patient portal.
We can also accept documentation of a TB test with results if the TB test was given no more than 3 months prior to arrival at Macalester.
I cannot meet the requirement deadline of August 24, 2018, what should I do?
Please complete what you can in the Macalester Patient Portal and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you are working on the missing requirements.
Is a physical exam required by the Laurie Hamre Center for Health & Wellness?
No. A physical exam is not required by the Center for Health & Wellness. If you are a NCAA athlete, please check with the Athletic Department for their requirements.
How can forms be sent to complete the requirements?
Most forms can be uploaded to the Macalester Patient Portal but you may also:
- Scan and email forms to email@example.com
- Fax forms to 651-696-6687
- Mail them to Macalester College, Laurie Hamre Center for Health & Wellness, 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105 USA
If I will be under the age of 18 when starting Macalester in September 2018, can I be treated in the Laurie Hamre Center for Health & Wellness?
Yes. But we must have a completed under-18 form signed by a parent or guardian. This form can be found in the Macalester Patient Portal under Forms.
Why am I still missing a completed check on the New Student Portal if I completed the requirements?
All of the Laurie Hamre Center for Health & Wellness requirements must be reviewed before you will get a completed check on the New Student Portal. We have limited hours in the summer so this may take up to 30 days to review. If you are concerned, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request as soon as we can.
Where can I get information about insurance and billing?
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Contact the Hamre Center for Health & Wellness at email@example.com or 651-696-6275.