Weekend COVID-19 testing
COVID-19 testing is available 7 days a week in the Hamre Center for students that are symptomatic (have symptoms of COVID-19) or who have been notified that they were in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. Students that are seeking “contact” testing should do so 5-7 days from the last day they were in contact with the person who tested positive.
Weekend testing hours for Module 1 are 10 am – 12 pm, Saturday and Sunday.
Cost: Just like any other lab test at the Hamre Center, there is a charge for these tests. The test should be covered by your insurance at 100% (as required by the CARES Act). The cost is $100 that will be posted to your Macalester account, just like any other charge from the Hamre Center. You will be sent a receipt and basic instructions on how to submit the charge to your insurance company. Students who have the Macalester-offered health insurance (United Health Care Student Resources) will not see the charge as the Hamre Center is able to submit it on your behalf. If you have concerns about managing the charge, let the Hamre Center know; we will make sure that all students are able to access testing, no matter what your financial situation is.
To access testing, students must have a telehealth triage appointment with a provider. These can be made as follows:
- Monday – Friday, call the Hamre Center at 651-696-6275 to set up an appointment
- Saturday & Sunday – these are “drop-in” appointments- done via Zoom. First-come, first-served, up to 8 students per day. Between 9 am and 11 am, join a zoom appointment with a Hamre Center medical provider (you will go to a virtual waiting room). Once cleared for testing, you can go to the Hamre Center in the Leonard Center (enter via south entrance) at the time of your appointment between 10 am and 12 pm.
- Meeting ID: 924 3985 2251
- Passcode: 603666
- One tap mobile
- +13126266799,,92439852251# US (Chicago)
- +13462487799,,92439852251# US (Houston)
- Dial by your location
- +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
- +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
- +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
- +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
- +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)