Computer Replacement Fund
Eligible faculty and staff computers are typically replaced every 4 years through the Computer Replacement Fund.
- Locate the Property of Macalester College sticker on your laptop or desktop and note its 5-digit ID number.
- Compare the ID number of your device with the fiscal year of replacement range given below to get an idea of when your computer is up for replacement.
- Replacements take place throughout the year, in ascending order by ID number: higher numbers will be replaced later in the fiscal year.
- This schedule only applies to computers with a blue computer-replacement-fund-eligible sticker.
|Asset ID Range||Fiscal Year of Replacement|
|26683 – 27194||2019 / 2020|
|27195 – 27835||2020 / 2021|
|27836 – 28315||2021 / 2022|
- Computers: Standard models for college-owned computers
- Computers: Standard peripherals for college-owned computers
Standard Printer Configuration
HP LaserJet Enterprise M506dn
- Replaced as needed
- Print only
- Print speed letter: Up to 45 ppm (black)
- Auto duplex printing; 2 paper trays (standard)
- Uses toner with JetIntelligence
Computer Replacement Fund: Most college-owned computers are purchased through the Computer Replacement Fund. This Fund is also responsible for replacing computers in general use and departmental computer labs and repairing college-owned computers. Where appropriate, this fund helps defray computer replacement costs due to theft. It may also refurbish and reallocate computer equipment to meet campus needs.
Other sources: Faculty startup funds, departmental budgets, Technology Equipment and Maintenance budgets, endowed professorship funds, grants, and faculty travel/research funds.
Items not covered by the Computer Replacement Fund
- additional paper tray units and envelope feeders
- docking stations
- external drives
- displays for laptops
- personal and color printers