Computer Replacement Fund
Eligible faculty and staff computers are typically replaced every 4 years and printers every 6 through the Computer Replacement Fund.
- Locate the Property of Macalester College sticker on your laptop or desktop and note its 5-digit ID number.
- Compare the ID number of your device with the fiscal year of replacement range given below to get an idea of when your computer is up for replacement.
- Replacements take place throughout the year, in ascending order by ID number: higher numbers will be replaced later in the fiscal year.
- This schedule only applies to computers with a blue computer-replacement-fund-eligible sticker.
|Asset ID Range||Fiscal Year of Replacement|
|25241 to 25775||2016 – 2017|
|25776 to 26250||2017 – 2018|
|26251 to 26683||2018 – 2019|
Choose one of standard computer configurations listed below after you have been contacted by ITS. Should your needs exceed the standard computer configurations, contact the ITS Help Desk.
|Apple iMac 21.5″ Desktop||Apple MacBook Pro 13″ Laptop|
|Dell OptiPlex 5060 Desktop-Small Form Factor||Dell Latitude 7490 Laptop|
Standard Printer Configuration
HP LaserJet Enterprise M506dn
- Print only
- Print speed letter: Up to 45 ppm (black)
- Auto duplex printing; 2 paper trays (standard)
- Uses toner with JetIntelligence
Computer Replacement Fund: Most college-owned computers are purchased through the Computer Replacement Fund. This Fund is also responsible for replacing computers in general use and departmental computer labs and repairing College-owned computers. Where appropriate, this fund helps defray computer replacement costs due to theft. It may also refurbish and reallocate computer equipment to meet campus needs.
Other sources: Faculty startup funds, departmental budgets, Technology Equipment and Maintenance budgets, endowed professorship funds, grants, and faculty travel/research funds.
Items not covered by the Computer Replacement Fund
- additional paper tray units and envelope feeders
- docking stations
- external drives
- displays for laptops
- personal and color printers