Apple Store for Education
Visit store.apple.com/us_edu_34419 to shop the complete line of Macintosh computers, iPods, iPhones, iPads and more. If you have questions about your order, need to change it, or would prefer to order by telephone, call 1-800-692-7753.
Apple Macintosh computers have one year of service coverage at an Apple-authorized repair center. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend the coverage to three years. The plan includes telephone assistance and onsite repairs for desktop computers (portable computers and the Mac Mini must be taken to an Apple-authorized repair center).
Visit www.dell.com/macalester to shop the complete line of Dell systems and receive discount pricing on Dell Consumer products using your member discount. To order by phone, call a Dell sales representative at 1-866-257-4711 to assist you with your purchase. If calling, please be sure to mention your Member ID: US30732314. This will ensure you receive the member discount.
Dell notebooks have a one-year minimum warranty with mail-in service, but additional years with onsite service can be purchased. Various levels of warranty service and number of years can be purchased for Dell desktops.
Keep in mind
- This page is solely for Macalester’s current faculty, current staff and enrolled students to purchase Apple and Dell products using personal funds.
- By purchasing through these two links, you are dealing directly with Apple and Dell, and are getting the best discounted prices these firms normally offer to academic retail customers.
- Macalester College and ITS cannot provide any assistance for personal computer purchases through the Apple or Dell webstores. All orders, payments and inquiries must be placed via the Web or by telephone directly to the vendor.
- Credit card orders with an international billing address cannot be processed on the vendor’s Web sites. International students with a U.S. credit card billing address can order via the Web.
- Hardware Repairs and Warranty: Macalester College does not provide repair services for personally owned equipment. Contact the vendors directly for warranty work.
- If you’re planning a purchase using any College funds (including departmental budgets and TEM, startup, FTR, endowed funds, grants, etc.), contact David Sisk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Highlander Store located at 32 Snelling Avenue South sells some discounted software to Macalester students, faculty, and staff. Call 651-696-6688.