How to Access VPN
VPN is a virtual private network that enables secure connections to Macalester computing systems from off campus. Access to VPN is not automatically granted and must be requested.
- Request VPN Access. Send an email to ITS Help Desk at email@example.com to request VPN to access. In the email, list which services you need remote access to, like G & H Drives or a web application.
- Wait for a confirmation. VPN Access has been granted once you receive 2 emails: 1) a response to your VPN request from ITS Help Desk and 2) a Macalester College Duo Security Enrollment email message from Duo Security with a link to enroll in Duo.
- Download & install GlobalProtect agent software.
- Set up Duo, a 2-factor authentication method, using the link provided in the Macalester College Duo Security Enrollment email.
- Check out the VPN Connection Guide (gdoc) for step-by-step instructions.