Faculty and Staff
ITS provides voice services including campus landlines, voice mail, and voice conferencing. Telephone service and voice mail are provided for faculty and staff, with some individuals sharing a phone.
Resident halls and houses have telephones in common areas and can make calls to the Twin Cities for free. If you are interested in having a phone in your room, check out the 11 Things students should know about their on-campus telephone and voice mail service and complete the service request form.
Quick Reference Guides
- How do I make calls with a campus phone?
- Where can I look up a campus phone number?
- Where can I look up an off-campus phone number?
- How do I transfer a call directly to an individual's voice mailbox?
- How do I make an international call from an on-campus phone?
- Why is my call to area code 507 or 320 not going through?
- Why is my call to area code 612, 763, or 952 not going through?
- Why is my message light flashing when I have no voice mail messages?
- How do I make a long distance or international call using a departmental authorization code?
Smartphone, iPad, and Tablet FAQ
- How do I register my smartphone to use the wireless network?
- How do I set up Macalester's email on my iPhone/iPod Touch's email application?
- How do I set up Macalester's calendar on my iPhone/iPod Touch's calendar application?
- Why won't the Remote app on my iPhone/iPod Touch see my computer on the macalester-student wireless?
- How do I change the wireless key on my iPhone or iPad?
- Where do I find the MAC Address (or hardware address) for a Samsung smartphone?
- How do I access Citrix from my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad?
- How do I choose which Google calendars sync to my iPhone or iPad?