Computer Classrooms & Public Computer Labs are Closed
Due to COVID-19 all public and departmental computer labs are closed, disabled, or have been converted into classrooms.
Why are computer classrooms and public computer labs closed?
- Shared computers cannot be cleaned sufficiently.
- If you are a student without an adequate computer and in need of financial assistance, please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
- Software typically accessed in departmental and public computer labs can be accessed remotely.
Remote Computer Access
Students are able to access to remote computer labs using the instructions below. Applications that are not available to install on personally owned devices, or applications that may not run well on some computers are available using these remote lab computers.
- Connect to a remote Windows computer (gdoc)
- Connect to a remote macOS computer (gdoc)
- Remote computer labs software list (gdoc)
eLumin Virtual App
Macalester is offering select specialized applications virtually via Amazon AppStream as a pilot program to accommodate remote teaching and learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications that are not available to install on personally owned devices, or applications that may not run well on some computers, are available in AppStream. eLumin Virtual Apps Guide (gdoc)
Classroom Technology Support
A/V Services provides instructional technology and support services to classrooms. Most classrooms are equipped with ceiling-mounted data projectors, A/V touch screens, HDMI laptop connections.
Classroom Technology Hotline | 651-696-6377