Safe Computing at Mac
ITS provides guidance to Macalester's faculty, staff, and students to keep their computers and data safe, such as antivirus software options, tools to clean up spyware, and instructions on how to secure a personal computer before it gets infected.
- Learn how to protect sensitive information on your computer.
- Free antivirus solutions are available for personally-owned computers; antivirus software is installed on all College-owned computers.
- When it comes to passwords, longer is stronger. Checkout the computer password guidelines to learn how to create a long, memorable password.
- Be sure to follow the 8 steps to secure a computer.
- Use back-up strategies to keep your data secure and accessible.
- We recommend 6 ways to protect your computer from email viruses, spam, phishing scams—all of which can compromise sensitive information.
- Keep your mobile device secure to protect your data and your device wherever you go.