Web content editor training
dotCMS training topics include:
- best practices for usability and accessibility
- edit existing content
- adding a content block
- formatting headings
- formatting bullet lists
- inserting and formatting named links for websites (both absolute and relative) and emails
- inserting PDFs
- inserting images
- inserting YouTube videos
Check out dotCMS Information for step-by-step instructions.
Have a technology training need for your department? Try this:
- Invite an ITS representative to present at your next department meeting.
- Set up hans-on training session in the ITS computer lab
- Should you have a training need for your department or group, email email@example.com and we’ll consult with you to find the best option.
ITS offers instructor-led workshops and hands-on training sessions for faculty and staff at the following campus-wide programs:
- Professional Activities Workshops for faculty, sponsored by the Jan Serie Center for Scholarship and Teaching.
Off-Campus Training Resources
- Employment Services' Staff Training and Development Assistance offers personal training based on available funding.
- Computer Education Center Science Museum of Minnesota offers more than 200 courses covering 80+ subjects.
- Microsoft Store at the Mall of America offers one-on-one or group training sessions for their latest Windows and Microsoft Office programs. Contact the ITS Help Desk for more information.
- At Lynda.com you can choose from two levels of monthly or annual subscriptions and get access to thousands of software training videos any time. Check out their free video tutorials before you subscribe.