Student Leadership and Engagement educates and empowers students to be their most successful selves through developmental leadership opportunities in the co-curricular.
Build community through campus engagement
- Support the planning and implementation of student led initiatives and organizations through educational advising practices.
- Execute campus wide programming opportunities that support and engage a diverse array of student interests and developmental needs.
Develop educational initiatives and programs to promote student leadership development
- Facilitate leadership development workshops, series, and conferences using social change model of leadership.
- Oversee student leadership positions on campus that promote peer-to-peer learning.
Create comprehensive transitional programming to support the educational, social, and personal developmental needs of new students
- Plan and execute New Student Orientation and Macward Bound.
- Coordinate Involvement week in collaboration with campus partners.
- Train student Orientation Leaders and Macward Bound Leaders to serve as transitional aids and ongoing support to new students.
- Co-curricular Development: Provide students with programs, events, and experiences that complement the mission, values, and learning goals of the College.
- Student Growth and Learning: Offer students opportunities to obtain the self-awareness, confidence, and skills needed to live full, authentic lives.
- Service and Support: Serve as a resource for the Macalester community in the planning and implementation of events that enhance students’ college experience and contribute to a dynamic campus life.
- Community and Connection: Create a welcoming, inclusive environment for intentional engagement and meaningful interactions between students, their peers, Macalester faculty and staff, and the broader community.