The library staff want the library space to be seen as a welcoming and inviting and open place for all members of our community. However, we also have to be mindful of the needs of the students who use the facility for the primary purposes of supporting their coursework, research needs, and social activity. In order to address sometimes conflicting needs for the use of our building, we have created our Barbara B Davis SPACE (room 309) reservation policy to balance those needs in the best possible manner.Reserve this room now
Parameters for Barbara B Davis SPACE reservations:
- All events must be college-related or hosted.
- Maximum room capacity is 50, including speaker. Recommended minimum number of expected attendees for events in this room is 5.
- Event hosts may reconfigure the furnishings. The library does not assist in setup.
- Event hosts are responsible for cleanup of any food items or materials they bring into the space. Please leave no trace.
- The space can be booked by groups during library open hours.
- Whenever the room is not booked, it is open for general use.
- Exceptions will be extremely limited and made on a case-by-case basis.
- Scheduled Library sponsored events will take precedence over other campus events.
- The room is reserved for Serie Center use from 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays during the academic year.
- Barbara B Davis SPACE reservation request form.
- Reservations will be confirmed via the campus EMS reservation system as soon as possible, usually within 24-48 hours.
- The library office must receive reservation requests at least 14 days in advance of the event. Requests for events with fewer than 14 days notice will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
- A weekly sign will be posted next to the door of the SPACE that lists reserved events.
Equipment and Supplies:
- The Barbara B Davis SPACE has a mobile SMARTboard for projection. Everyone is welcome to plug into the SMARTboard monitor. If you want to use more advanced features of the SMARTboard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your need.
- Requests for equipment support beyond what is installed and routinely available in the Barbara B Davis SPACE should be directed to Campus and Academic Media Service reservations.
- The Barbara B Davis SPACE contains a mobile whiteboard. Please feel free to use it. Dry erase marker kits are available for checkout at the service desk. We are not able to provide easels, easel pads, pens and pencils, name tags, or other presentation aids. Please plan to bring your own supplies.
- No technology or library support staff are assigned to the room during events.
- Any scheduled Barbara B Davis SPACE event that is not a private or closed event must be publicized on the campus events calendar by its sponsor.