Summer Construction in the Library
May 16 2017
We have multiple major construction and maintenance projects scheduled for the summer of 2017. Below you’ll find major dates to be aware of that may hinder your access to the library. Please remember that dates are subject to change. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we spruce up our space and get ready for the next academic year.
List of General Projects:
- Refurnishing - level 1, room 111 (Reading Room)
- Construction - level 2
- Recarpet and painting - level 3
- Replacement - elevator
- Reconfiguration - some areas of the lower level
Project plans by week (subject to change):
- May 15 - 2nd floor books move to 3rd floor and shelving removed from 2nd floor.
- May 22 - 2nd floor is closed to patrons. How to access materials. Library staff relocate from 3rd floor offices to 4th floor rooms.
- June 5 - 3rd floor is closed to patrons. How to access materials. 2nd floor construction begins. Estimated completion is August 15-22.
- July 1 - August 15 (exact dates TBD) - Elevator will be out of service - Access to upper levels will be by stairs only. How to access materials.
Please look for specific signage when you enter the library for up to date closures and access. At any time during the process, if you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to keep you informed. We look forward to celebrating these fresh new spaces when the work is complete.
While looking in our catalog, if you find that an item is located on the one of the closed floors, just click on the item, hit the “Place Hold” button and it will be added to our list of items to pull. At least twice a day, service desk workers will be allowed to go up into the stacks, including the closed floors, to pull requested items. Once your requested item has been pulled, you will receive an email and can pick it up at the service desk at your convenience.