Records are an integral part of operating and sustaining the College and are everyone’s responsibility in support of our educational mission. Beyond their use for day-to-day work, records also provide evidence of people and activities and are important documentation for the history of the College.
This site provides information about Records Management at Macalester College, a policy and program established to help members of the college community efficiently and effectively manage college records in a systematic and sustainable way. Records Management will help:
- ensure important information and records are properly stored, findable, and appropriately accessible;
- save space and time by providing guidance on what records need to be kept and what can be disposed of;
- provide best practices for where to store or save physical and electronic records;
- reduce increasing legal and operational risk to the College;
- preserve institutional history and memory