Over the summer of 2013, we merged the library service desks and functions so all patron support now transpires in one central location. Consolidating our information and research service points will help us best serve our patrons and fulfill the vision and mission of the DeWitt Wallace Library. To learn more, we invite you to consult our more comprehensive rationale document. Construction began June 24th, 2013 and ended at the end of July, 2013. The Library building was closed to the public during this time but many services were still avaliable remotely during our normal summer hours.
Construction and Service Plan:
- While there will be disruption to building access, we will minimize impact on service.
- During construction, will provide core, essential services in the Link (accessible via Old Main, 2nd level).
- Material check out: We will provide reference support and retrieve materials for you by request. Just visit us in the Link, email, call, or chat us. Certain areas and collections may be inaccessible to us from time to time, but we will do our best to retrieve what you need.
- CLIC material requests and Interlibrary Loan operations will continue.
- Consultations--Librarians will still be available for research consultations or other needs. Please make an appointment before you come if at all possible.
- Computer access--A limited number of workstations will be set up in the Link.
- New “single point of service” desk located at entrance to the library.
- Unified services: Reference, Research Consultations, Technology Support, Circulation, Reserves and Interlibrary Loan. One stop for all your answers and needs.
- ITS Helpdesk student employee available for more in-depth technology support all hours that the library is open.
- New carpeting on the first floor.
- New layout of furnishings and collection.
- Ample seating and study areas.
- Ample computer workstations, scanning, printing.
- Additional building security due to location of new desk, site lines, and staff orientation to public areas.