Use this page for self service, “do it yourself,” topics or to connect directly to library staff with your questions, during regular Library Hours.
Online Help from Library Staff
- Coming soon: Librarians After Dark: Online Drop-in Hours (7-9:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday
- Chat: Get help quickly, staffed during library building open hours.
- Ask Us: Submit your question anytime. (login with your Mac credentials or email@example.com if you don’t have a Mac login)
- Research Consultations – schedule a one to one consultation with a librarian (online or in person) for in-depth help in finding appropriate resources for your project and to answer any research questions you may have.
- Self service:
- The library is open to current Mac ID card holders. Please scan in at the entrance.
- We are following the expectations set through the campus Community Commitment to keep each other safe, including the Face Coverings Policy.
- Library maps to find your way around the library
- Reserve a space: group study rooms or a room for an event.
- The Idea Lab is a maker space for hands-on creating to tackle problems and to share and learn from each other.
- Digital Resource Center (DRC) is in the Lower Level of the library. In addition to help with questions related to academic technology and class projects, you can find multi-media editing software, 3D printing, and more.
- For alumni, retired faculty/staff, and neighbor library card holders: We are unable to provide library lending services to alumni, retired faculty/staff, and neighbors at this time. We will, however, extend borrowing privileges to alumni and neighbors an additional year, after campus fully opens.
Technology and Printing/Scanning
- Use TechCheckout to browse and reserve equipment such as dongles, microphones, speakers, cameras, etc. Checkout in the Digital Resource Center, library lower level.
- Information Technology Services Help Desk (ITS) is located in the Humanities building and can be reached remotely. You can get a quick response by sending your question to the ITS Help Desk email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The library has a multifunctional devices, on the Lower Level and Level 1, for printing and scanning (scans sent via email) Use uniFLOW: Print Services Information