We are practicing safe distancing by offering virtual services and contactless pickup and returns of materials. Use this page for self service topics or to connect directly to library staff with your questions, during regular Library Hours.
Contactless Pickup: All Book, DVD, CD Checkouts
Use Contactless Pickup for ALL physical library and interlibrary loan items. You will receive email notification when your requested items are ready for contactless pickup. The library shelves are not available for browsing or self-service.
- Instructions for requesting an item through WorldCat
- Contactless Pickup Instructions
- Contactless Pickup is available during regular library hours, you will receive an email when your item is ready, and you will need your ID to scan in at the desk.– Only individuals who are part of the campus ongoing COVID testing, training, community agreements, periodic full and partial quarantine periods, etc. are allowed via card swipe.
- MCSG textbooks and other reserve items are not available. More textbook information
- Return all materials through the outside book drop. Returned items will be quarantined and may show on your account for several days after returning. You will not be charged a late fee for the additional quarantine time.
- Alumni, retired faculty/staff, and neighbor library card holders: no current services, learn more: Connect to Resources
Students Living Away from Campus
Not living on or near campus? Not to worry! We are ready to help you get the books and library resources that you need:
- Electronic Resources: You can find a variety of academic ebooks, articles, and streaming videos
- Interlibrary Loan is a also great resource for you:
- As usual, you can request journal articles and book chapters for electronic delivery (no interlibrary loan delivery to off-campus locations for print/physical items)
- Books that our library has in print: Students at a distance can request portions or chapters from a print book in the library. Create an interlibrary loan request for the chapter, add a note in the request that you are living at a distance from campus.
- Research Consultations: Need books or other materials not owned by Mac? Set up an appointment with a research librarian.
- Ask Us form: Send us your questions (or firstname.lastname@example.org for students not able to access Google Apps)
- Digital Commons downloads with Document Type: Honors Project On-Campus Access Only. If you are off campus, you will need to use the campus Virtual Private Network (VPN) in order to download these. Contact email@example.com for questions about Honors Projects in Digital Commons.
(Instructions for setting up VPN: Mac or Windows; Need help? firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equipment checkout: TechCheckout
- Equipment checkout has moved to the Digital Resource Center (DRC): dongles, microphones, speakers, cameras, etc. Browse and book equipment: TechCheckout.
- No laptop checkout on campus. Students who do not have access to a laptop that meets their academic needs, or have sudden issues with their existing laptop, should reach out to financial aid via the Emergency Aid Program (EAP) or the ITS Help Desk.
- The bike share program is currently not operating.
Interlibrary Loan (borrowing/obtaining from other libraries)
- Interlibrary Loan Guide: for more information about creating an account, electronic delivery, and more!
- ILLiad: Login to your ILL account
- Use the Contactless Pickup Instructions, after you receive notification that the item is ready.
- Use interlibrary loan to request journal articles (electronic delivery) and print books (campus pickup) from other libraries. You can also use it to request:
- a single chapter from a book at another library (electronic delivery)
- an article from the library’s print journal collections, including popular magazine titles that the library has in print but not online, such as The Economist
- If your account is “blocked” because you have recently returned another interlibrary loan item that is still in quarantine (5 days or longer), contact email@example.com
Note: Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a service provided by a network of libraries. Service will be slowed due to Covid-19 safety measures such as brief item quarantine periods. In addition, other libraries may not be able to lend to us at the speed and capacity that they have in the past.
Questions: We’ve Gone Virtual
- Chat: Get help quickly, staffed during library building open hours.
- Ask Us: Submit your question anytime and we will respond by email (or for students without Google App access: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Research Consultations – schedule a one to one consultation with a librarian for in-depth help in finding appropriate resources for your project and to answer any research questions you may have.
- Self service:
Technology and Printing/Scanning
- There are no desktop computers/computer labs in the library, including Idea Lab technology. Access to and help with creative software: Software Download and Digital Resource Center
- Information Technology Services Help Desk (ITS) is also remote! While there are no ITS services within the library, you can get a quick response by sending your question to the ITS Help Desk email: email@example.com
- The library has a multifunctional device for printing and scanning–after the campus quiet period (scans sent via email) Use uniFLOW: Print Services Information