Mac Money Questions
Money that you put on your MacPass to use at campus venues is called Mac Money. Mac Money rolls over from year to year. Once Mac Money is added to your ID, it cannot be removed until you use it or until you permanently leave the college. Mac Money cannot be redeemed for cash. You will be reimbursed for any remaining Mac Money on your ID after you graduate.
The GET Funds website allows you to monitor your account and add Mac Money online by using a credit card.
There is a $1.00 convenience fee for adding any amount of Mac Money through GET Funds.
For more information on using GET Funds and GET Mobile, visit the GET Funds page.
ValuPort is a vending machine that allows you to add Mac Money using cash without a charge.
The ValuPort Machine is located on the Lower Level of the Campus Center.
Family or Friends
Mac Money deposited to your MacPass will remain on your card until your permanent departure from the College (graduation, withdrawal, etc.) and may not be transferred to your student account or withdrawn as cash. Your Mac Money balance will be credited to you post-Commencement. For further details about Mac Money refunds, see the Mac Money Terms And Conditions.
- Mac Money is an optional prepaid account associated with your MacPass.
- The initial deposit into the Mac Money account activates it and signifies agreement to the Terms and Conditions contained within this document.
- Mac Money funds can be used at many on- and off-campus locations.
- Balances are carried for the duration of a cardholder’s time at Macalester.
- Negative balances are not allowed or possible on a Mac Money account.
- Funds can be deposited by the cardholder or a 3rd party (family member, friend, etc.) using cash at the ValuPort vending machine with no associated fee, or by using a credit card on GET Funds with a $1.00 per-transaction convenience fee.
- Deposited funds may not be withdrawn as cash at any time.
- Refunds are handled automatically following official separation from the College. No action is required by the cardholder.
- Refunds for students who have graduated or formally separated from the college, and have a remaining Mac Money balance of $5.00 or more, are issued through Student Accounts with a credit to the student account within one month of leaving. Student account refunds will follow the established credit balance refund policy.
- Refunds for employees who have retired or formally separated from the college, and have a remaining Mac Money balance of $5.00 or more, are issued through a check mailed to the address on record within 2 months of leaving.
- No refunds will be issued for students or employees with a balance of less than $5.
- There is no fee for activating and maintaining a Mac Money account.
- A $1.00 per-transaction convenience fee is assessed for all GET Funds deposits.
- A $5.00 fee may be assessed for replacing a lost MacPass.
Lost or Stolen Cards
Mac Money account holders are responsible for all unauthorized charges and should take precautions to secure their MacPass. Missing cards can be reported at any time by using GET Funds, or calling us at 651-696-6579 during normal business hours.
GET Funds Terms & Conditions