Your all-access pass to all things Mac.
Your MacPass is the official form of identification for students, faculty and staff, and an essential part of your life here on campus. If you are a member of the Macalester community, you must carry it with you at all times.
All individuals are required to show a current government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport, military ID, state ID) in order to get a MacPass.
- Most Macalester students get their first MacPass card during Orientation or Pre-Season.
- ACTC & PSEO Students must get a Registration Form from the Registrar’s Office before getting their Mac Pass.
- If you have any questions regarding cross-registration, email the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com
Faculty & Staff
- Most staff and faculty get their first MacPass during their first day of employment at Macalester.
- Staff and faculty members must have completed all documentation with Employment Services before their card can be printed.
- If you have any questions regarding staff and faculty ID cards, email Annie McBurney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leonard Center Memberships
- In order to get a Leonard Center card, you must have approval from the High Winds Office and have completed a Membership Application from the Leonard Center.
- Card printing will be available one business day after your application is approved.
- For more information on Leonard Center Memberships, see the Leonard Center Membership Page
- In order to get a Leonard Center +1 card, you must have completed a Membership Application from the Leonard Center.
- New and renewing +1 members should email all questions to Deanna Brabant at email@example.com
- Must bring a Registration Form from the Registrar’s Office before getting an Alumni Mac ID.
- Questions should be emailed to the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your MacPass is used to access your meal plan at on-campus dining locations. You are required to bring your MacPass or virtual ID via GET Mobile whenever you want to use your meal plan. You can also use your MacPass at a variety of off-campus locations.
- Atrium Market
- Café Mac
- Coffee Cart at Fine Arts Common
- Document Services
- The Grille
- The Loch
- Highlander – The Shop at Macalester
- Information Desk
- Library Copy Machine and Front Desk
- Vending Machines
All meal plan changes must be processed through Residential Life. For details, see Residence Hall and Commuter Dining Programs. Please direct all questions to Residential Life. Email Residential Life at email@example.com
Funds that you put on your MacPass to use at Macalester are called Mac Money. Mac Money can be used at locations both on-campus and off-campus for things like food, laundry, textbooks, and more! For complete information on Mac Money, see the Mac Money page
Access to Campus Spaces
Use your MacPass to gain access to the Leonard Center (Athletic & Wellness Complex) and other spaces on campus.
All card door access requests are handled through Facilities Services. For more information, visit the Card Access page. To report a problem or get assistance with card access, email Card Access Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
The barcode on your MacPass allows you to check out books and materials from the DeWitt Wallace Library. You must activate your MacPass barcode at the main Circulation Desk in the Library before using it for the first time.
You can also use Mac Money to make copies at the library copy machines.
The replacement fee for a lost MacPass is $5.00.
Replacing a worn-out card due to normal wear and tear is free.
Pay for a Replacement MacPass
Students may use Mac Money to pay for their replacement MacPass. No other payment can be accepted.
Tips to prevent unauthorized use:
- Do not give your MacPass to anyone.
- Do not leave your MacPass as collateral.
- Do not give your MacPass to your friend to use your Mac Money or Dining Plan.
- Do not give your MacPass to your friend to access a building or lab.
- Report a lost MacPass on GET Funds immediately! The card will be deactivated, and it can be reactivated when found.