The BIPOC Student Coalition is a cohort of student representatives from student cultural organizations and identity collectives. Initiated in the summer of 2022, the goal of the BIPOCSC is to ensure the longevity of campus organizations and facilitate the development of identity-specific programming for students of color on the Macalester campus.
The BIPOCSC provides student leaders with a space to connect with one another and plan out the upcoming year. Meetings range from semi-structured work time to workshops on budgeting and dialogue facilitation. The coalition also serves as a way for BIPOC student leaders to collaborate on programs and discuss campus issues.
Current participating organizations:
- The Black Liberation Affairs Committee (BLAC)
- Chinese Culture Club (CCC)
- Filipino Association at Mac (FAM)
- Japanese Culture Club (JCC)
- Latinx Student Union (LSU)
- Macalester BIPOC Student Athlete Collective
- Macalester Association for Sub-Continental Ethnic and Cultural Awareness (MASECA)
- Mixed Race Identity Collective
- Proud Indigenous Peoples for Education (PIPE)
- Queer/ Trans, and BIPOC Identity Collective
- Ua Ke
- Vietnamese Cultural Organization (VCO)