BIPOC Gatherings are a series of programs for BIPOC students at Mac to be in community with one another. The goal is to create space for connection, love, and solidarity whether that be through teach-ins and dialogues about current issues or lighthearted meetings with music, food, art, or games. These gatherings are planned by students, for students, and are held twice monthly.
When: Thursdays @ 4:30pm – 6:15pm
UPCOMING Dates & Topics:
Stay tuned for upcoming programs for the 22-23 Academic Year
PAST Dates & Topics:
- Thursday, September 9, 2021 – Connecting with BIPOC Students and Cultural Org Leaders
- Thursday, September 23, 2021 – Power Mapping @ Mac
- Thursday, October 8, 2021 – Karaoke
- Thursday, October 28, 2021 – Uno Tournament
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 – Reflection, Dialogue, and Coloring!
- Thursday, December 7, 2021 – Pictionary + Scattergories!
- Thursday, January 27, 2022 – What’s your Vision?
- Thursday, February 10, 2022 – Group Journal Session!
- Tuesday, March 29, 2022 – Environmental Justice in Imníżaska: a presentation and discussion with Keeli Siyaka of Lower Phalen Creek Project
- Thursday, April 7, 2022 – When Home is Falling Apart – Part 2
- Monday, April 11, 2022 – Lower Phalen Creek Field Trip
- Friday, April 29, 2022 – Community Cook Out