First Generation Programming
Bridges and Barriers is a monthly program hosted by the Holistic Student Success team that focuses on supporting first generation college students at Macalester. Events often include presentations on topics like wellness, financial literacy, study skills, and navigating Macalester and are followed by opportunities for group dialogue and reflection.
When: Wednesdays @ 4:30pm – 6:30pm
UPCOMING Dates & Topics:
Stay tuned for upcoming programs for the 22-23 Academic Year
PAST Dates & Topics:
- September 14, 2022- Work-School-Life Balance
- March 30, 2022- A Townhall Discussion About Class
- February 23, 2022- How to Not be Broke w/ Jasmine Ball (’13)
- February 2, 2022- Where Do You Call Home?
- October 27, 2021- Career Exploration: What am I getting into?
- September 22, 2021- Welcome back