The Queer Professionals Network and Connecting with Alum Program are both sponsored by the Department of Multicultural Life, Career Development Center, and the Alumni Office. These programs are currently for students who identify as LGBTQ+ and students of color and multiracial students respectively. These are excellent sources of support to LGBTQ+ students and students of color as they transition to Macalester.
Macalester alumni serve as social mentors to LGBTQ+ students and students of color through engagement in a number of workshops and activities that relate how the alumni successfully transitioned through Macalester and into the working world. A number of other opportunities for more informal connections are offered to the participants, throughout the school year, at theater productions, religious services, shared meals, and cultural events, to name just a few.
Please check back in on this page about our upcoming gathering of the semester.
There are 5 expectations of students involved in this program in order to help you make your engagement in this program as fulfilling as possible. These expectations are:
1. Respond to phone calls, emails, and invitations from the organizing departments and alumni participants,
2. Attend program-sponsored events,
3. Share your perspectives and ideas with organizing departments and alumni participants,
4. Interact with and be open to ideas, activities, styles and customs of the alumni participants,
5. Communicate your concerns to the organizing departments as much as needed.
If you are interested in one of these program, please fill out and return the registration form. For more information, please contact Afifa Benwahoud in the Department of Multicultural Life at (651) 696-6243, or email@example.com.