Faculty/Staff/Alumni Connects with Students
- Queer Professionals Network (QPN) is a network of Macalester students and alumni who identify as LGBTQA+ with the aim to support both LGBTQA+ students and alumni in navigating professional environments and building stronger networks of support. QPN collaborates on such projects as Scot’s Pride and Student Mixer (SPASM) every year.
- Scot’s Pride unites Macalester’s LGBTQA+ alumni across the globe for fun, social events, and networking. The group also seeks to support students, staff, and faculty through advancing a positive LGBT campus climate.
- Out & Proud Faculty & Staff Community is a voluntary list of Macalester faculty and staff members who are members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- QU (Queer Union) is a student-run organization that seeks to serve the needs of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer-identified students at Macalester.
- Meeting Times: Wednesdays, 10:15 – 11:15 pm in the Sounds of Blackness Lounge, Turck Hall
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIA*STARSA (Feminists in Action: Students Together Against Rape & Sexual Assault) is a non-hierarchical activist and social space that works to promote awareness of gender equity as a universal rather than exclusively female issue, promote action against sexual violence, and provide resources/support for students at Macalester.
- Meeting Times: Thursdays, 10 pm – 11 pm in the GSRC (Kagin 018)
- Email: email@example.com
- MR M (Macalester Reimagines Masculinity): is a pro-feminist, anti-sexist organization that hosts events designed to create discussion around alternative and anti-sexist masculinities. MR M recognizes the intersectional nature of oppression and collaborates closely with FIA-STARSA, QU, and other orgs.
- Meeting Times: Mondays, 9 pm – 10 pm in the Campus Center, Rm. 215
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity collectives provide students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to talk together about identity and diversity issues both within their specific communities and in inter-group dialogues. Each collective group is facilitated by trained faculty, staff, or students. The following are identity collectives focused on gender- and sexuality-based identities; the names listed below are the facilitators for the Spring 2018 semester:
- Trans Identity Collective (TrIC): Spencer Fugate ’18 and Wren Hess
- Queer People of Color Collective (QPOCC): Tulsi Patel, Jessi Brandon, and Ren Tyler
- Queer Women’s Identity Collective (QWIC): Izzy Hart, Amelia Gerrard, Flora Fouladi, and Lucy Shenk
- Multisexual and Multiromantic Identity Collective (M&M): Anna Mickle ’17 and Miya Ito
- Asexual Spectrum Identity Collective: Sophia Jones, Kristin McKenzie, and Karen Takemura
Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Department
The Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Department is located on 4th Floor Old Main.