- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the US-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Into the Streets is the service-learning portion of orientation, in which all incoming first-year students participate in half-day service projects with community organizations. Into the Streets emphasizes the college’s commitment to service in a way that is accessible and relevant to students’ first experiences at Macalester, introducing them not only to various organizations and neighborhoods within the Twin Cities, but building a foundation for continued civic engagement and volunteerism.