- Mar 11 “Popular Participation in Latin America” Lecture and Lunch with Benjamin Goldfrank
- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
Into the Streets is the service-learning portion of orientation, in which all incoming first-year students participate in half-day service projects with community organizations. Into the Streets emphasizes the college’s commitment to service in a way that is accessible and relevant to students’ first experiences at Macalester, introducing them not only to various organizations and neighborhoods within the Twin Cities, but building a foundation for continued civic engagement and volunteerism.