- Mar 11 “Popular Participation in Latin America” Lecture and Lunch with Benjamin Goldfrank
- Mar 12 French Lecture Series
- Mar 13 "Exodus Politics" with Dr. Robert Patterson - A Women's History Month Colloquium
- Mar 13 EnviroThursday - "The Indigenous Roots of Sustainable Forestry in the United States and an Environmental History of the Menominee Tribe of Wisconsin"
- Mar 16 Chopin Society presents pianist Inon Barnatan
- Mar 27 Philosophy Colloquium - Cheshire Calhoun
- Mar 27 Pete Ferderer Inaugural Lecture: Edward John Noble Professor of Economics
- Mar 28 Peeps Show 2014
The first pushball game in Minnesota was played at Macalester Oct. 15, 1914, according to the Mac Weekly, “Sore muscles, torn clothes and a score of 2 to 1 in favor of the Sophomores tells the tale of the first pushball contest ever staged in Minnesota.”
This Founders Day tradition continued in 2012, with students battling over the pushball on the snowy lawn of Old Main.