- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the U.S.-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Physics and Computer Science
Resident Assistant, Varsity Tennis
Westlake Village, Calif.
After Mac: Software Test Engineer, Thomson Reuters, St. Paul
The fantastic experience and education made possible by all the faculty and staff at Mac definitely helped me land my job. My experiences as a Computer Science and Physics double major, resident assistant, varsity athlete, and member of the Macalester community all greatly contributed to me being able to not only land the job, but to perform it at a high level.
In academics I learned how to learn new things quickly, which has been a great help when being asked to pick up new things at work. In athletics, I learned how to be a leader and a team member who could be counted on in pressure situations. In my role as an RA I learned how to communicate effectively with all different types of people, which is very useful when you work for global company. The sum of all my experiences at Mac shaped who I am today. I wouldn't be where I am today without those experiences.