- Feb 28 Staged Reading: "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf"
- Mar 6 Founders Day
- Mar 7 Macalester Orchestra Concerto Concert
- Mar 8 Chopin Society presents pianist Nelson Goerner
- Mar 31 Inaugural Lecture of Thomas Halverson, DeWitt Wallace Professor of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Apr 11 Macalester Concert Choir and Highland Camerata
- Apr 12 Chopin Society presents pianist Yevgeny Sudbin
- Apr 12 Wind Ensemble Concert
- Apr 14 Global Citizens Celebration
- Apr 17 Chamber Ensemble Concert
Macalester Connect+ Leadership Conference with Keynoter Fred Swaniker ’99
February 21, 2013
CATEGORY: College Newswire
St. Paul, Minn. - This weekend, February 23-24, Macalester is hosting a conference designed to bring together a diverse group of student leaders from colleges throughout the United States to serve as a launching pad for their individual projects. The conference is inspired by the 50th Anniversary of the United World College movement. For more information, go to Connect+ Schedule.
The conference begins Saturday, February 23, at 9 am with workshops and discussions and that night, Macalester 1999 alumnus Fred Swaniker will give the public keynote address, "The Moment of Obligation- Fulfilling Your Destiny as a Leader.” Swaniker, founder and CEO of the African Leadership Academy, World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, and Macalester's 2009 Young Alumni Award winner, will speak at 7 p.m. in Kagin Commons, Alexander G. Hill Ballroom. Swaniker’s talk will be webstreamed live at macalester/connect-plus/
Sunday, February 24, the Macalester Connect+ Leadership Conference and World Economic Forum Global Shapers Panel will present: “Leadership in Action: DAY#1,” which begins at 10:45 a.m. in Weyerhaeuser Boardroom. The panel discussion will also be webstreamed live and open to the public.
The Global Shapers Community is a worldwide network of Hubs developed and led by promising young leaders who want to build on their achievements and entrepreneurial drive to make a positive contribution to their communities. It is an initiative of the World Economic Forum and is independent, neutral, non-political and not for profit.
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,035 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism, and civic engagement. Learn more at macalester.edu.