- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- Apr 28 The Macalester Viol Consort Presents a Lunch Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 1 Off-Kilter Spring Concert
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 3 Have a Folktastic Time with Flying Fingers!
- May 9 Scotch Tape A cappella Final Concert
- May 10 Chopin Society presents pianist Nikolay Khozyainov
- May 16 Baccalaureate and Commencement
- May 16 Commencement
NSF Awards Macalester Student and Six Alumni Graduate Research Fellowships
March 28, 2013
CATEGORY: College Newswire
St. Paul, Minn. – The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded graduate research fellowships to a Macalester student and six Macalester alumni.
The National Science Foundation's Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) helps ensure the vitality of the human resource base of science and engineering in the United States and reinforces its diversity. The program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines who are pursuing research-based masters and doctoral degrees at accredited US institutions.
Here are the seven awardees, the year they graduated (will graduate) from Macalester, and what and where they’re studying:
Andrew James Bendelsmith ’13, Chemistry, Harvard.
Anna Hardin ’12, Anthropology, University of Minnesota.
Madeline Marshall ’12, Paleobiology, University of Chicago.
Jaye Gardiner ’11, Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin at Madison.
Patrick Ewing ’10, Biochemistry, University of Minnesota.
Cael Warren ‘09 will begin a graduate program in Economics at the University of Minnesota beginning fall of 2013.
Daniel Bowman ’08, Geophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Macalester College, founded in 1874, is a national liberal arts college with a full-time enrollment of 2,035 students. Macalester is nationally recognized for its long-standing commitment to academic excellence, internationalism, multiculturalism, and civic engagement. Learn more at macalester.edu