- Apr 24 Guerrilla Warfare and Violence against Mexican Civilians in the U.S.-Mexican War of 1846-1848
- Apr 24 Thursday Noon Recital
- Apr 24 Philosophy Colloquium - David Wong
- Apr 24 Eva von Dassow on “Making Myth in Mesopotamia: The Reign of Erra, God of War"
- Apr 25 Critical Theory Symposium: "Biopolitics and Ideology"
Many of Macalester’s 108 current Davis UWC Scholars attended the annual fall dinner in October, an event to welcome the group’s new first-year students.
For the first time in several years, Shelby and Gale Davis, the program’s benefactors, were able to join the students for the event. Before meeting current Davis UWC Scholars and local program alumni in Kagin Commons, they toured the Institute for Global Citizenship’s Kathryn Davis Court, named after Shelby’s mother, and walked to Kagin through a corridor lined with student photos from Davis Projects for Peace, a program established by Kathryn W. Davis.
Lorela Paco ‘15 and Petar Petrović ’14 spoke on behalf of the students, and the program concluded with the Peace Prayer led by Jose Caballero Ciciolli ’15, Trang Tran ’14, Omar Mansour ’16, and Akilah Sykes ’14.