- Apr 26 Pipe Band Concert
- Apr 27 Pop and Jazz Combos Concert
- Apr 28 The Macalester Viol Consort Presents a Lunch Concert
- May 1 Opening reception for the Senior Thesis Show
- May 1 Off-Kilter Spring Concert
- May 2 African Music Ensemble Concert
- May 3 Have a Folktastic Time with Flying Fingers!
- May 9 Scotch Tape A cappella Final Concert
- May 10 Chopin Society presents pianist Nikolay Khozyainov
- May 16 Baccalaureate and Commencement
Students returned from break to a week full of activities. We were able to photograph a few of the many events on campus last week: Members of the Latino/a student organization Adelante! painted a mural in Davis Court during Latin Week; Students met to discuss the anti-government protests in Venezuela; Students in Casa Hispana made brigadeiros, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian candy, for Latin Week; Alice Gabriner, a photo editor at National Geographic and formerly of Time magazine and the White House photo staff, spoke as part of the Picturing the World Speaker Series; The sixth annual "Classics versus History Marshmallow Peeps Diorama Contest" show was held in Old Main; Persian New Year was celebrated; Battle of the Bands took place on Friday night as campus bands vied for a spot to play at this year's Springfest; St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman, Al Franken, and Elizabeth Warren spoke to an enthusiastic crowd. Adelante! Showcase took place in Kagin Commons on Saturday night.