Photographs by Nicolas Koch-Gallup ’19, Tien Dat Le ’20, and David Turner
A few of last week’s events are highlighted here:
- Students joined the Vietnamese Cultural Organization to make sweet ché, a soup dish, for the latest “In the Kitchen With,” a weekly program of the Cultural House in the Department of Multicultural Life.
- This year’s Lowe Lecture featured Kate Bowler ’02, assistant professor of American Christianity at Duke University, who spoke on “The (Prosperity) Gospel According to Donald Trump.”
- At the Majors Fair, students learned about possible major paths as well as what Mac grads have done with their majors.
- At the exhibition opening for Dark Ocean, artists Hakan Topal, Perry Bard, and Richard Sullivan discussed the media’s impact on public understanding.
- The college’s annual Give to Macalester Day was a historic success: In 24 hours, 2,650 community members made a gift to support Mac, a record for a single day of giving.
- More than 100 students on 20 teams participated in Macathon 2017, the college’s overnight innovation and creativity contest.
November 14 2017Back to top