Transfer Student Course Selection Steps
- Find courses in fields you are considering.
- Visit the websites of those departments to find out the best ways to explore the major, minor, or concentration as well as information on placement. Contact the department chair or Academic Programs and Advising with questions.
- Take a look at the fall 2019 class schedule to find out what courses are offered, https://www.macalester.edu/registrar/schedules/2019fall/class-schedule/. Find out about a course’s prerequisites and course sequencing in the College Catalog.
- Select 13 courses and rank them from 1 to 13. These should be different courses, not just different sections of the same course.
- List these 13 courses on the Fall Course Registration Choices form. Log into the New Student Portal to access the form. Submit the Fall Course Registration Choices form by June 24, 2019.
- Provide any special considerations in the comments section, including anticipated transfer credits, intended majors/minors, etc. Also include which alternate sections of courses are acceptable.
- The Registrar’s staff will do its best to enroll you in your top choices, but there may be instances where demand exceeds available spaces. Know we will not place you in a course that is not on your list.
- You will receive your complete schedule when you meet with your advisor at Orientation. You may amend your schedule during that meeting or during the drop/add period at the beginning of the semester.
Academic Programs and Advising