Download Proxy Set up and Management – Timeclock PDF directions with images
Proxy Set up and Management – Timeclock
- Go to Employee Dashboard log in when prompted
- Locate My Activities on the right
- Click on Approve Time or Approve Leave Report
- Click on Proxy Super User
- Once in the Proxy or Super User configuration screen, you will see your name listed under Act as a Proxy for.
- To add a Proxy, click on Add a new proxy. A search box will appear and you can search for your proxy by name or select from the pull down that includes employees who are supervisors. Choose the proxy from the list by clicking on the name of the proxy.Who should I select to be my PROXY?
- Someone in your department that currently approves time for student employees
- Someone in your department that provides work direction to student employees
- Someone in a related department that currently approves time for student employees
- Your Supervisor
- Note: Setting a proxy can give your assigned Proxy access to ALL employees that report to you, including employees who use:
- Timesheets – Non-Exempt Employees
- Leave Reports – Exempt Employees
- To delete a proxy, check the box to the left of the name to be deleted and select Delete proxies on the left of the screen. You will be asked to confirm the deletion.
- Once you are finished managing proxies, click on the Navigate to Time and Leave Approvals Application button (lower right) or choose Employee Dashboard from the upper left menu.
Approving as a Proxy for Time clock employees
- If you are a Proxy for a Supervisor who has employees that use the Timeclock system, you will set up your Proxy designation as described in Proxy Set up and Management – Timeclock above. Within the Timeclock Administration, you will see your employees AND your Proxy’s employees. Also, once you have designated a Proxy, your Proxy will see their employees AND your employees in the Timeclock Administration.
- To filter the to see only your employees or your Proxy’s employees:
- To filter student employees go to Hours, then Group Hours.
- Next, select “This Period” by typing in Period and choosing “This Period” or “Last Period.” Next, select “Job Code Filter.”
- In the Filter Job Code screen, in the Search box, enter in the Supervisor’s name. (You can search by their first name.) Press enter.
- The employee’s name will appear in a list. To select the employees to appear on the Group Hours list so you can review and edit, you will need to check the box to the left of their job role. To select ALL jobs that a Supervisor/Manager is responsible for, check the topmost box which will select all employees. Then select “Filter.”
- The job names will appear in a list. To select the jobs (and then the employees associated with these to appear on the Group Hours list so you can review and edit, you will need to check the box to the left of their job role). To select ALL jobs that a Supervisor/Manager is responsible for, check the topmost box which will select all employees. Then select “Filter.” NOTE: It is HIGHLY recommended that you DO NOT “Save as” a Job Code Filter. When new employees are added or if you are made a Proxy approver, jobs will be added to this list. Therefore, the safest way to be certain you are time approving all jobs/employees is to filter/search on your name each time.