Validation for Returning Students
Any returning student who registered for Spring 2018 classes (not study away or ACTC) must validate their registration. Here’s how to do that:
- On or after midday, January 16, log onto 1600grand, click on the Academics tab and check to see if you have any validation holds. Look for the “Registration” header and then click on “Enter Profile.” It is there that you will see any holds you have by clicking on Holds in the top-right; a hold may be from Student Accounts, Health Services, the Registrar’s Office or other campus offices. Contact that office in order to resolve your hold. A more detailed description of the different hold types is available here.
- If you do not have any holds listed, you have automatically been validated for spring–no need to check in with the Registrar’s Office! Feel free to drop and add classes as you need to.
- If you do have holds, you must work with the office that has placed this hold on your validation, and make satisfactory arrangements to clear this hold. Once the Registrar’s Office is notified that you’ve cleared all holds, you will be validated. Validation should be completed the first day of class, Thursday, January 18. The last possible day to validate is Friday, February 2. This is also the drop/add deadline. If you don’t validate by the February 2 deadline, you will be dropped from all of your courses and lose your status as a student.
- If you decide not to return for spring semester, you must notify the Dean of Students Office to arrange for a temporary or permanent withdrawal from the college.
- The drop/add deadline is Friday, February 2. You may declare a grading option through February 16.
- INTERNSHIPS for credit: If you are planning or even contemplating the possibility of doing an internship for credit this semester, you should check in with the Internship Office immediately. They have a form that signals your intent to do an internship that is required before the drop/add deadline of February 2.
If you did not pre-register for Spring 2018 and need to begin the registration process, come to the Registrar’s Office to obtain a registration form. You will need to obtain your academic adviser’s signature, the signatures of the instructors of ALL of your courses and clearance from Student Accounts and Health Services. If you were on campus in the fall, you will be charged a $100.00 late fee to register for the fall semester, which is payable in cash or check at the time you register.
Registration or Validation Questions?
Have a change of address? New phone number? Please contact the Registrar’s Office by phone (x6200), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by stopping in to the office located on the first floor of 77 Mac. You must validate your registration on or before the first day of class.