For Fall 2020 only: You will not need a PIN for registration, however, we encourage you to meet with your adviser prior to registering for classes. Instructions on how to register in 1600grand are located at the bottom of this page. For additional information about Fall 2020 registration see our Registration Tips and FAQs.
- Fall 2020 registration begins July 27 for returning and transfer students (see #2 below)
- Fall 2020 registration begins July 30 for returning and incoming First Year students (see #2 below)
|Classification||Earned Credits||Start Date and Time|
|Seniors||at least 96 credits earned||July 27: see registration time-table|
|Juniors||64 – 95.9 credits earned||July 28: see registration time-table|
|Sophomores||32 – 63.9 credits earned||July 29: see registration time-table|
(returning and incoming)
|less than 31.9 credits earned||July 30: see registration time-table|
- Fall 2020 registration ends on July 31 at 4:30pm Central for all returning students
- Fall 2020 registration ends on August 3 at 3:00pm Central for incoming First Year students
- Classes Begin on September 2
- Drop/Add Period is September 2 – 9 (Module 1)
- Drop/Add Period is October 28 – November 3 (Module 2)
- The window to change a grading option runs from October 5 – 9 (Module 1) and November 30 – December 4 (Module 2)
Things to Remember
You will be charged a $100 late fee (and have to wait until the start of the new semester) if you do not register by July 31, so pay close attention to your registration start time and the registration deadline.
If you are having trouble getting registered, please email us at email@example.com.
If you’d like to find out more about required course materials, please visit our vendor, Barnes & Noble College
ACTC Courses must be registered for using the Macalester Cross-Registration form.
Independent projects, (611-614), Honors independent projects (641-644) and tutorials (601-604) require the Independent Project/Tutorial Registration Form. Once you’ve settled on the details with your sponsor, please submit the form to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc your sponsor and chair for their response approving the form.
Internship contracts are available at the Internship Office and registrations must be approved by the Director of the Internship Program, Michael Porter.
Preceptorship learning contracts are available at the Office of Academic Programs and Advising, and registrations must be approved by the Director of Academic Programs, Ann Minnick.
You cannot register for more than 18 credits via the web. If you want to register for more than 18 credits, you must contact the Registrar’s Office for additional information. No student can register for more than 20 credits. You may find fee information in the college catalog.
- Advising. We encourage you to meet with your adviser prior to registering for classes. You will not need a PIN for registration.
- Start date/time. Go to the Registration Times page for the term to determine the first time you can register. Your start date is determined by your current classification/number of credits already earned. You have from that start date until the last day of registration to register and make changes. Once registration ends you will not be able to make changes until the start of the semester.
- On the Academics tab of 1600grand, click Enter Registration.
- Plan Ahead. If you like, you can create an optional plan. Once your registration start time comes, you can use this plan to skip the step of looking up classes when you’re trying to register.
- After clicking Plan Ahead, you can click create a new plan.
- Search for classes and add sections to your plan.
- Register for Classes.
- Once your registration start time has arrived, click Register for Classes.
- Click the Plans tab and add your plan.
- Click submit in the lower-right to attempt to register for your plan.
- Review the results to be sure you are in the courses you intended and to add other courses if a planned course has filled, etc.
- If you did not create a plan, search for courses to add and then submit those added courses in the lower-right.