Christian Life at Macalester
Christian Life at Macalester honors the breadth and depth of the Christian tradition. Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, and Non-denominational, LDS, Quaker, Seventh Day Adventists (just to name a few) are part of Christian community at Macalester. The College Chaplain, Rev. Kelly J. Stone, partners with students, staff/faculty to create expressions of Christian identity that meet the spiritual needs of Christian members of our community. Welcome!
- Seasonal engagement for Advent and Lent
- Services for Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday
- Easter Celebration
- Christmas Carol Sing open to campus community
- Weekly Text Study (The Bible and the Voices of Prophets, Mystics and Activists) with Rev. Kelly Stone
- Occasional Book Groups (recent groups include: Jesus and the Disinherited by Howard Thurman, Shameless by Nadia Boltz-Webber)
- Reclaiming Christianity Discussion Group
- Social Gatherings
- Student Lead Affinity Groups
- Upper Level of Weyerhaeuser Chapel
- Lower Level of Weyerhaeuser Chapel (CRSL)
- List coming soon!
Wondering about Observance and where to experience Mass?
Observance practices in the Christian tradition include fast days, sabbath days, and special worship. Chaplain Stone is available for conversation and support as you integrate college life with these practices. Roman Catholic Mass opportunities are abundant in St. Paul. Students regularly meet up and attend Mass together, weekly!
Please email [email protected] to learn more!