- Buddhist and Mindfulness
Sitting @ Mac – Weekly Meditation and Dharma Practice, Wednesdays 5:00-6:15 PM in the Weyerhaeuser Memorial Chapel.
- Christian and Catholic
Christianity in the Round: An Inviting Worship Experience – Sundays 8:00 PM in the Chapel
The Bible and Voices of Prophets, Mystics, and Activists – Tuesdays 4:45-5:45 PM in the Multipurpose Room, CRSL
Mac Christian Fellowship – Tuesdays at 7:00 PM in the Center for Religious and Spiritual Life.
Reclaiming Christian Voice in the Our Time: A Discussion Group – Thursdays 6:30-7:30 PM in the Multipurpose Room, CRSL
Macalester Jewish Organization (MJO) – Tuesday nights at 9:00 PM in Kirk 8.
Torah Study – Friday mornings at 8:30 AM in the Center for Religious and Spiritual Life with Rabbi Emma.
Open Shabbat – Alternate Friday nights at 6 PM in the Center for Religious and Spiritual Life (basement of the Chapel).
Visions of Islam Text Study – Tuesdays at 5:00 PM in the Center for Relgious and Spiritual Life.
Muslim Student Association (MSA) – Thursday nights at 7:00 PM in the Cultural House.
Friday Lunch – Every Friday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM in the Center For Religious and Spiritual Life
Juma’ah (Friday) Prayer – Second Friday of each month at 1:15 PM in the Center for Religious and Spiritual Life, opportunities to attend Friday prayer at Masjid at-Taqwa are available weekly as well.
*****[this should be deleted but I don’t know where/what to replace it with]*****
Observances and Celebrations
- Center for Religious and Spiritual Life Reception –
- Eid al-Adha Prayers and Celebration–
- Eid al-Adha Dinner & Campus Commemoration –
- Rosh Hashanah Service – Monday, September 30, 9:30 AM Weyerhaeuser Memorial Chapel with luncheon following in the Weyerhaeuser Boardroom around noon.
- Yom Kippur Kol Nidre Service (beginning of the holiday) – Tuesday, October 8, 6:00 PM Weyerhaeuser Memorial Chapel.
- Yom Kippur Yizkor and Neilah Service (end of the holiday) – Wednesday, October 9, 6:00 PM Weyerhaeuser Memorial Chapel, followed by break-fast around 8:00 PM in the Center for Religious and Spiritual Life.
- Passover Seder – Seder dinner at 6:00 PM in the Kagin Ballroom. Open to all! Macalester Passover Food Guidelines
- Ramadan Co-Op – May 5 – June 4, 2019, each night we will have an iftar (breaking of fast) in the Center for Religious and Spiritual Life.
- Eid al-Fitr – June 4, 2019 (insha’Allah) prayers at Masjid at-Taqwa and Eid dinner.