Prepare for the Draws:
Rising Sophomore Info Session and Room tours
Wednesday, February 26 7 pm-8:30 pm, Kagin Ballroom
We will outline the entire Room Draw process, and answer questions.
Room tours – Rising Sophomores will have the opportunity to see next year’s housing options in person.
Room Draw Drop-In Hours
Residential Life Staff will be available to answer individual questions about selecting campus housing for 2020-2021.
– Monday, March 2 from 12 pm-4 pm in Campus Center
– Thursday, March 12 from 12 pm-4 pm in Campus Center
– Monday, March 23 from 12 pm-4 pm in Campus Center
Are you looking for someone to live with next year? Not sure quite what to look for in a potential roommate? Join us at the Roommate Quest
-Wednesday, March 4 from 6 pm-8 pm in Weyerhaeuser Board Room
Room Draw Schedule – Room Selection for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Roomdraw Update for Rising Sophomores:
Since you may not be on campus to view the roomdraw floor plan boards, We’ve created a Summary of the Spaces Available in the draws. Remember, during the draw you will see rooms that correspond to the number in your matched roommate group.
Decide which Draw best fits your housing needs for 2020-2021. Follow the 3 steps and pay close attention to each step’s deadline.
1. Apply for housing and dining;
2. Match with roommates;
3. Select a space.
ALL DRAWS ARE FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED, FOR BEST OPTIONS BE MATCHED AND READY TO SELECT AT THE START OF THE DRAW.
|Draw Type||1. Apply By:||2. Match By: (See Additional information below)||3. Select ON:|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Homestead Same Space Draw –
Secure your current room and roommates for 2020-2021
|Monday, March 9, 5:00 PM||Matching open Monday, March 9 – Tuesday, March 10, 3:00 PM.
GDD, GCA, Kirk Hall, Cottages.
See Residential Life to match with current roommates/suitemates or to add new roommates suitemates
|Tuesday, March 10, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Summit House Draw||Monday, March 9, 5:00 PM||Matching open March 9, 7:00 AM to Tuesday, March 10, 1:30 PM for double rooms in Summit House
For Students studying away, Spring 2021
|Tuesday, March 10, 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: New Spaces Draw||Monday, March 9, 5:00 PM||Matching open Tuesday, March 10, 2:00 PM through Wednesday, March 11, 4:00 PM
GDD suites, GCA Apartments, Kirk Hall triples, doubles and singles; Cottages- 53 &57 Mac
|Wednesday, March 11
7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
|Rising Sophomores: Suites, Triples Quads Draw,
|Monday, March 9, 5:00 PM||Matching open Monday, March 23, 7:00 AM through Wednesday, March 25, 11:00 AM
GDD suites; GCA apartments; triple suites in Kirk; triples in Wallace, 30 Mac, and Quads in Wallace
|Wednesday, March 25,
7:30 AM to 11:00 AM
|Rising Sophomores Singles Draw||Monday, March 9, 5:00 PM||No Matching necessary for Singles Draw.
Singles in 30 Mac, Bigelow, Kirk, Dupre, and 1 in Wallace
|Wednesday, March 25, 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM|
|Rising Sophomores: Doubles Draw
|Monday, March 9, 5:00 PM||Matching open Wednesday, March 25, 4:00 PM** through Thursday, March 26, 3:00 PM – **note matching start time change
Double rooms in Bigelow, 30 Mac, Wallace, Dupre, and Kirk Hall double room suites
|Thursday, March 26, 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM|
Students requesting housing accommodations should contact Disability Services. before February 17, the Disability Services deadline for housing accommodations requests.
Matching for Group Draws:
Matching will stay open during the Draws. To select a space immediately at the start of the draw be sure your group is fully matched before the draw starts. Contact Residential-Life@macalester.edu, or phone 651-696-6215 at least one day before the draw if you need help in completing your matches.
Matching for Sophomore Doubles
Matching will stay open throughout the draw on March 26. If you matched with a group but did not select a space in the groups draw, be sure to remove the matches that are no longer valid. Match before March 29, 7:30 AM. Contact Residential Life if you need help to complete your match.
Room Draw Step-by-Step
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Life > MyHousing/Self Service. Select Application from the menu bar across the top and then Housing and Dining 2020-2021.
- Rising juniors and rising seniors: Accepting the Housing and Dining Agreement 2020-2021 indicates your interest in living on campus. It does not commit you to selecting a space nor does it guarantee a space on campus. Selecting a space during the draw invokes the Housing and Dining Agreement and commits you to live on campus and pay the associated room and board costs. Accepting a space in a language house or specialty living area also commits you to that space and to pay the associated room and board costs.
- Don’t wait until the Draw Day to apply! If you accept the Housing and Dining Agreement on the day of the Draw, you must contact Residential Life immediately at 651-696-6215 to be added to the Draw.
- Rising sophomores are required to live on campus; to accept the Housing and Dining Agreement; and to pay the associated room and board costs.
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing/Self Service. Select Room Selection and click Roommates.
- A matched roommate group is all members of the group accepting each other on their individual Self-Service page.
- Students in the draw may match with any gender roommates and groups. Mixed gender apartments, suites, quads, triples and doubles are permitted except in Bigelow basement designated a male only floor; Bigelow first floor designated female only; and Kirk Hall section 1 designated female only.
- Rising Junior and Rising Seniors may match with rising sophomores in a double rooms. Rising junior and rising seniors may include one or more rising sophomores in their group, however, the group must have a majority of rising juniors and rising seniors. Please see Residential Life at least one day in advance of the Rising Seniors/Rising Juniors New Spaces Draw if you wish to match with a rising sophomore(s).
- Matching will remain open throughout each Draw so students may match and remove matches to meet the required number of students for a particular room, suite, or apartment.
- At the start of the draw or anytime during the draw, go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing/Self Service. Select MyHousing and click Room Selection from the left side bar.
- Only spaces that equal the number in your matched group will appear.
- Suites, quads, and triples that match the number in your group will appear during the groups draw, Double rooms will appear during the Doubles Draw for students with one roommate match.
- For students with no roommate matches only single rooms will appear during the singles draw.
- ONE person from your group should select the space and assign individuals to the rooms within a suite.
- Language and specialty housing assignments are filled before Room Draw. Students interested in living in a Language or Specialty House, should apply directly to the sponsoring department during the month of February.
- Want to live in 30 Mac? Residents agree to the Healthy Living Community Agreement. Finalize your space by completing the agreement after you have select a space in 30 Mac.
- Mixed gender doubles, triples, quads, and suites are permitted..
- Check out the Room Draw FAQ
- Use a Room Draw Checklist to guide you
- Contact Residential Life at Campus Center 236, 651-696-6215 or firstname.lastname@example.org