Resident Assistant Position Information
Resident Assistants (RAs) are student staff members who live in a residence hall or specialty housing area. RAs are primarily responsible for helping to facilitate the formation of a genuine community among the residents of that hall or building and to serve as a live-in resource and representative of Residential Life. The RAs also are a crucial part of the implementation of the Community Learning Model, and RAs facilitate many aspects of this, including connecting with individual students, helping form and enforce community standards and expectations, and serving as a campus resource for students living in each area.
The Resident Assistant selection process happens each spring for the following academic year. Questions about the RA position or selection process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 18, 2020: RA Information Session, 6-7pm, Zoom
- November 25, 2020: Applications available on JobX/Student Employment Posting for new RAs, Returning RAs and SRAs
- December 3, 2020: RA Information Session, 12-1pm, Zoom
- January 29, 2021: New RA Applications due by 11:59pm
- January 31, 2021: Returning RA and SRA applications due by 11:59pm
- February 2, 2021: RA Interview Prep Session, 12-1pm, Zoom
- February 10-12, 2021: RA interviews
- Early March, 2021: Candidates are notified of decisions
RA Information Sessions: This is an opportunity for Residential Life to share more in-detail job requirements and expectations as well as the selection timeline. We encourage you to visit Career Exploration for interview preparation guidance. Finally, this is also a great time to have any of your questions about the RA position or interview process answered.
Interviews (Required): Each candidate will have two 25-minute interviews. Each interview includes one professional staff member and one current Resident Assistant. Candidates are asked a variety of questions pertaining to the RA position, and candidates have the opportunity to ask questions they may have about the RA position or the selection process.